- Paper Competition in OGFest’18 is a contest that allowed delegates to conduct deep research into interesting topic relevant to the energy industry. This competition provides platform designed for the students to publish their discoveries, theories and innovative ideas which could greatly benefit and impact Energy Development and Sustainable Energy. It is an opportunity that provides delegates to showcase their critical thinking skill as well as presentation skill of their research work on intriguing topics.
- Recreating and Enhancing Solutions in Industries for a Prosperous Future.
Rules and Regulations
- The title used for registration, abstract and paper must be the same and has to be related to the main theme.
- Abstract and full paper should be submitted prior to the stated deadlines in the Important Deadlines section.
- Any demonstration or external assistance during/before the presentation is not allowed.
- This is an individual competition.
- The paper can be comprised of several authors, but the registration can only be done for one delegate only.
- OGFest’18 Paper Competition is divided into two stages which are:
- Abstract should be submitted based on the Abstract Submission Instructions given below, and only the ten (10) best abstracts will be chosen by the professional judges and therefore are qualified to proceed further to the next presentation stage. Selected abstract will be informed to delegates through email.
- The abstract must be submitted along with registration form before the deadline stated.
a) Abstract Submittal Instructions:
- In PDF format.
- It should consist of 100-400 words with a maximum of five (5) keywords.
- The abstract should be in one paragraph per A4 size paper (Left: 3 cm, Right, Bottom, Top: 2 cm).
- Use Times New Roman, 12, line spacing: 1.15.
- Kindly remember to include the authors and university name.
- The abstract should be submitted to the email with the subject of your email:
OGFest18_PaperAbstract_Author’s Name_Name of University
- The ten (10) finalists chosen should submit a soft copy of complete form of paper based on instructions below before the deadline and presentation slides in PowerPoint format.
Paper Submittal Instructions:
- In PDF format.
- Paper must consist of a minimum of 1000 words of text, excluding the diagrams and supporting illustrations needed to clarify the subject matter. The paper must not exceed 7000 words which includes text and diagrams, with each diagram/illustration is considered to be equivalent of 250 words.
- The paper must have a front page consisting of the Author’s name, University name and the title of paper.
- Use Times New Roman, 12, spacing: 1.5, A4 (Left :3 cm, Right, Bottom, Up: 2 cm)
- The completed paper should be submitted through email to xx with the subject of your email:
OGFest18_FullPaper_Author’s Name_Name of University
- The delegates are not allowed to edit the paper once they have submitted.
- Each delegate will have fifteen (15) minutes to present the slides followed by a Q&A session with a maximum five (5) minutes.
- Marks will be deducted if the presentation exceeds the time allocated.
- There will be a time keeper to keep track of the time which will start once the contestant is ready. When the bell rings once, it signifies that only five(5) minutes remain for the presentation. Twice to signify the presentation time has ended.
Submission of Abstract and Registration Form : 15th September 2018
Announcement of Finalists : 22nd September 2018
Submission of Full Paper : 1st October 2018
Email for Submission : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tan Jie Ying
Chief Executive of Paper Competition OGFest’18